Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Quick 5

Many thanks to Amrita for this wonderful idea.

Ten Years Ago
  1. I had just entered my teenage - kudos to my parents for putting up with me
  2. Was one of the biggest geeks (cum teachers' pet) in the ninth grade
  3. Tuition classes (or more accurately daily gossip sessions) were the funnest part of the day
  4. Windows 95, Dial-Up Internet and Email were the hottest, latest and greatest technology
  5. Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (then less than a year old) was my favorite movie

Five Years Ago

  1. I was a sophomore in college at the University of Arizona, Tucson
  2. I was new to cooking and the only recipes I knew were: pav bhaji, chawli and alu mattar
  3. Learnt to use an alarm clock in the morning (arrghh...the pains of being independent), eat, sleep, study alone
  4. Built my first snowman in Charlotte, NC, USA
  5. Met my fiance for the first time (I didn't know back then we would be engaged some day)

Last One Year

  1. Made a tonne of new friends in Austin, TX
  2. Visited New York and Seattle for the first time
  3. Got my first ever promotion at work
  4. Decided to move back home to UAE
  5. Started eating chocolate after 3 years

Yesterday

  1. Got stuck in my first ever serious Dubai traffic jam
  2. Celebrated Diwali / Eid in Dubai after six years
  3. Made my own meethi-lassi
  4. Looked through my parents' wedding album
  5. Tried to parallel-park my car and failed miserably

Five Things Planned for next 5 Years

  1. Study some more
  2. Teach a little
  3. Visit Australia
  4. December 07 :D :D (insha-allah!)
  5. More oil painting lessons

Five Yummy Things

  1. Chocolate
  2. Masala Dosas
  3. Pralines n Cream ice-cream
  4. Chaat
  5. Fetuccini Alfredo

Five Songs I know by heart

  1. Pehla Nasha - Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander
  2. Hero - Mariah Carey
  3. Kahin door jab din dhal jaaye - Mukesh / Jagjit Singh
  4. Dancing Queen - ABBA
  5. Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas - Kishore Kumar

Five Things I'd do If I had the Money

  1. Open my own fusion-food restaurant
  2. Sponsor a less fortunate child's education
  3. Buy an apartment in downtown Paris
  4. Donate money towards cancer research
  5. Buy a Porsche

TV Shows

  1. FRIENDS
  2. Everybody Loves Raymond
  3. The Golden Girls
  4. Tom & Jerry (yep I still love them!)
  5. Fraiser

Five Things I Can't Live Without

  1. Family
  2. Friends
  3. Laptop
  4. Water
  5. Cell phone

Five Favourite Cuisines

  1. Indian
  2. Mexican
  3. Indo-Chinese
  4. Lebanese
  5. Italian

Five best places to visit

  1. Dubaiiiiiii
  2. New York City
  3. Mumbai
  4. Tokyo
  5. Paris

4 Comments:

Blogger ammu said...

Cool coooool....now I know you a little more :)

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dec main shaadi ki tareekh kya nikli hai ?

8:14 PM  
Blogger Pratik said...

why isn't Austin in one of the 5 best places to visit?!?!?!!? hmph!

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss lion bars!

-K

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home