Monday, September 25, 2006

Grrrrr.....old habits die hard !!

I went to the gas station today and promptly got out of my car, pulled out my credit card and was searching for the card swipe-slot. A curious-looking man in red overalls was staring at me when I realized that at gas stations here people fill up gas for you and you pay them to do so. The credit card machines are not in the gas tank machines but separate entities to be used only by the gas-station workers. Not only do these workers fill gas for you they also wipe your windshield and offer to check the pressure in your tires. DUH !!!

Stupid unaquainted-Amreeka-returns!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha... i r'ber driving through Oregon or some place like that and getting freaked out when I pulled into a gas station and someone opened my gas tank before i could even get out of the car. Apparently in order to give people more jobs, all gas stations were mandated to have attendants. :-) Hope all is well!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Ah the cultural differences. I miss them!

-K

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home