Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Crash n Burn baby......

Day 4 in Dubai:

I had my first interview at a local e-Commerce company and very modestly speaking the interview was terrible ! Yep, I wasn't sure what the interviewer was expecting and it occured to me that I was totally unprepared on how to talk to interviewers here. Some exerpts from the interview:

Interviewer: Stop talking about what "we" did, all you talk about is we-we-we. I'm more interested in you. Start talking about youself, say the word I-I-I.

Interviewer: What's so great about eCommerce in America, I think eCommerce is better here

Oh well, crash n burn once baby...!...but remember to pick youself up and fight again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol... more reminders of the culture difference huh?

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there. I am sure you'll get the hang of it very soon.
-Ram.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry. Looks like your interviewer might have been a hater to begin with.

But I do agree with conviniently replacing the word 'we' by 'i'. And even if you say 'we'. Clarify it by what you did in the project :)

And I think America has better infrastructure than Dubai when it comes to ecommerce. But well, you can't tell that to someone interviewing you ;)

Things will be well soon! Promise :)

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me...

-K

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home